New Order Mormon

(A New Hope)
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:00 am

All times are UTC - 7 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:05 pm 

EDIT: Use this link if you do not want the below link to get the views: http://www.donotlink.com/dEp

wellbehavedmormonwoman.blogspot.no/2014/02/movie-frozen-gay-homosexual-agenda

Quote:
In the making of Disney's movie, Frozen, it is apparent that the very best talent, within the industry, was called upon for every facet of producing and bringing it to the big screen: illustrators; animators; writers; composers; singing artist; actors; etc., in order to woo its intended audience, parents, into a frozen-state, which would then allow liberalism to indoctrinate children.

The fact is, that not one of us would allow a person, contrary to our values, to come into our homes and teach our family many of the principles advocated in the movie Frozen - such as rebellion/disobedience - as good. Yet, when the same element cunningly creates a medium within to share the same doctrine, which intensely overwhelms the senses, we are blinded - and rather than put on glasses, we allow ourselves to be mesmerized by the overall experience, - focusing only on the good that we see, or perceive, highlighted for our viewing pleasure.

Quote:
Ironically, I've seen Frozen three times. Not because I necessarily wanted to, but because I had three sets of grandchildren who I committed to take to see the movie when it initially cam out. And as it worked out it was at different times and places. I won't deny, either, that I enjoyed watching the movie, every single time, for a number of reasons. It actually gave me a good opportunity to confirm my initial reaction, and in so doing, I could blatantly see that the homosexual agenda, to normalize the practice, was not simply an underlying message in the movie Frozen, but is the actual story.

http://www.progressivemormons.com/about/

1 Thess. 5:21 (NASB) "But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:21 pm 

Reminds me of the hardcore Evangelical Christians and Pentacostals who made reading Harry Potter a sin.

http://www.progressivemormons.com/about/

1 Thess. 5:21 (NASB) "But examine everything carefully; hold fast to that which is good;"

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:29 pm 

stealth wrote:
Reminds me of the hardcore Evangelical Christians and Pentacostals who made reading Harry Potter a sin.

I had a cousin through marriage who wouldn't let her kid read (or see the movies of) Harry Potter or LoTR 'cause they contained magic. How terrible to be raised by such an enormous killjoy.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:35 pm 

Obliviate

Last edited by Anya on Wed Jun 11, 2014 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:44 pm 

Interesting, if only they spent as much time analyzing the things that REALLY mattered in their life. I can see if their grandkid suddenly spouting out about bring gay after seeing it but I'm afraid there are a lot more agendas that affect us on a more direct level to worry about.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:50 pm 

Quote:
In the making of Disney's movie, Frozen, it is apparent that the very best talent, within the industry, was called upon for every facet of producing and bringing it to the big screen: illustrators; animators; writers; composers; singing artist; actors; etc., in order to woo its intended audience, parents, into a frozen-state, which would then allow liberalism to indoctrinate children.

Is this person high? LOL.

Looking for shadows and blame where it never resided. That is one scary mindset, to be sure.

Its like, trying to throw darts at a non-existent target.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:16 pm 

AgnesMarie wrote:
stealth wrote:

I had a cousin through marriage who wouldn't let her kid read (or see the movies of) Harry Potter or LoTR 'cause they contained magic. ...

Well, there's some irony for you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:36 pm 

One of my favorite parts of her post:

Quote:
The song, "Let It Go" intends to send a strong, liberating gay message, but interestingly, many have dubbed it a theme song for letting general fears go, which keep us from doing good, or overcoming negative aspects in our lives.

However, in the actual lyrics of the song, that is not what it is saying. The message of "Let it Go" is specifically intended to rebel against moral absolutes, which have governed society for centuries, now being viewed by a progressive agenda as antiquated.

Talk about reaching! I guess the fact that I have connected with this song so strongly and, dare I say, even felt the spirit, means that I'm being deceived by the devil.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 pm 

How sad is it that folks like this have to inject "EVIL" into a harmless children's movie?

TBM speak: "Frozen is more proof that the world is getting SO evil! We're so lucky that the youth of today are the chosen generation! Christ will surely return soon to cleanse the wickedness!"

What a load of crap...

Life is about love, not changing people.-
-

Last edited by wtfluff on Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:53 pm 

This article just blows me away. I absolutely loved the movie Frozen. My kids did as well. My kids have seen it half a dozen times (we even saw the sing along version). My daughter is obsessed with Elsa and sings "Let it Go" all the time. Anyway, I think the article is ridiculous. If someone wants to take Frozen and push a gay "agenda" (what does that even mean?), I am sure they can. I am sure they can use it to push almost all agendas. So I guess the author would rather have Elsa locked up in her room, and her and her sister miserable, than be true to herself and learn how to use her powers for good? Is that really what the gospel or Christianity means? And if so, what about all of the quotes that say that you are only happy if you are being obedient to your covenants? What Elsa happy by being locked in a room for her whole life? Is that how anyone should live? I pray for the grandchildren of the author. Hopefully they have other authority figures in their life with more sense. And hopefully none of them are gay, or they may end up locked in a room for the rest of their lives.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:18 pm 

On the contrary, I found many uplifting and powerful messages in the movie "Frozen."

(Potential spoiler alert)

Elsa is born with a power that has enormous potential for fun, for good, and for the betterment of the society in which she lives. However, one unfortunate accident (that one could argue was the fault of another) leads to her believing this power to be dangerous, uncontrollable, and even wicked. She aims to conceal her power, trying to shut it off and ignore it, which only leads to her losing whatever control of it she had. However, after letting it loose with devastating consequences to herself, her family, and her community, she isolates herself, thinking that unrestrained use of her power is actually better (for her, anyway). In the end, she realizes that her power, while needing to be controlled, does not need to be hidden away and denied, and all can benefit from it.

You can liken that power to many things -- sexuality seems to me to be the obvious choice, orientation notwithstanding. If sexuality is denied, suppressed, and not taught or learned to be controlled, when finally set free it can have disastrous consequences, even if the one "freed" thinks it's the better scenario for him/herself. Only once it is controlled and used in proper settings (the boundaries of which I don't claim to set forth here) can it be used to beautify one's life and the lives of one's, uh, society (I admit the analogy breaks down a little there.)

You could apply that to almost any talent or power. Use it, develop it, and learn to control it, and you may be able to change the world in a happy way. Ignore it, stifle it, deny it and you not only end up losing control of it, you could cause a worldwide freeze and put ice merchants everywhere out of business. :)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:19 pm 

WTH?!? I saw Frozen and actually enjoyed it. Didn't see any homosexual agenda at all, except maybe the reindeer was a little queer...

In fact there are some very positive messages in Frozen. My favorite is, don't trust everybody with a big smile and credentials, they might be lying to you!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:25 pm 

Well, now I am going to have to see it.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 5:54 pm 

Frozen was by far the best Disney/Pixar movie in the last decade. If nothing else be sure to take your daughters just to show them they should NOT autimatically trust Prince Charming and they need to take their time in choosing a spouse.

I particularly loved it because the snowman was played by the actor who played Elder Arnold Cunningham in the Book of Mormon Musical. And anybody who saw that musical will agree with me that Elder Cunningham's Book of Arnold, and the religion it spawned, is significantly more interesting than the Book of Mormon. And it is just as truthful.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:19 pm 

by all means, any movie that tells a young woman that getting engaged to a guy you just met is insane MUST BE EVIL!!!

I tried to read the blog, but it's so close-minded. I don't have time for crap like that.

"Daring greatly means finding our own path and respecting what that search looks like for other folks."
~Brene Brown, Daring Greatly

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:30 pm 

MoJO wrote:
by all means, any movie that tells a young woman that getting engaged to a guy you just met is insane MUST BE EVIL!!!

I was going to say, isn't marrying pretty much immediately the Mormon way? lol

MoJO wrote:
I tried to read the blog, but it's so close-minded. I don't have time for crap like that.

From the author:

Quote:
Let me be very clear about one thing, I am not anti-gay nor am I here to judge homosexuals not worthy of their rightful and respectful place among society. However, I draw the line at the idea of redefining traditional marriage to include homosexual relationships, as equal. Meaning, that as a Christian, I believe that acting on same-sex attraction is contrary to God's will, and therefore SSM should not be legalized. Because I hold this value and voice it freely, does not mean that I am trying to force it on anyone - anymore than those who feel opposite and advocate for their position intend to force SSM on me, personally - both have the right and should not be demonized, regardless of where society takes us, as a whole.

So this makes me wonder what she believes the "rightful and respectful place among society" is.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:54 pm 

I read this earlier today and was absolutely shocked. HOW can anyone read that much into something so clearly good? I think it just proves that you can make any message mean anything you want to if you stretch it far enough.

The thing that really gets me is that you can hear all the rhetoric the church propagates all the time. The "gay agenda" and "gay lifestyle" and "I have the freedom to believe how I want to" (but you don't because you're a sinner) and "you can't impose your gay marriage on me." Because as shocking as stretched as her arguments are, I can see how she could get so entrenched in her opposition of gay marriage to come to these conclusions. And while I doubt many people would agree that the movie is ONLY ABOUT THE GAYS, it makes me wonder what conclusions people in the church can come to on the subject in general. I'm just so, so tired of hearing all the talking points of why gay marriage shouldn't become legal. It's all fear and ignorance.

There's a Christian blog that I love, http://momastery.com/blog/. Glennon has a post where she writes a letter to her son letting him know that if he is gay, she and his dad will accept him and love him for it, no matter what. Any time I hear someone talk about how gay marriage is going to impose on them and their beliefs, I am reminded of this, from the letter:

Quote:
I can only speak from my personal experience, but I’ve been married for nine years and barely any gay people have tried to break up my marriage. I say barely any because that Nate Berkus is a little shady. I am defenseless against his cuteness and eye for accessories and so he is always convincing me to buy beautiful trinkets with our grocery money. This drives your sweet father a bit nuts. So you might want to keep your eye on Berkus. But with the exception of him, I’m fairly certain that the only threats to my marriage are my pride and anger and plain old human wanderlust. Do not be afraid of people who seem different than you, baby. Different always turns out to be an illusion. Look hard.

http://momastery.com/blog/2012/01/22/a-mountain-im-willing-to-die-on-2/

Why can't conservatives get it through their heads that gay marriage will LITERALLY have no effect on them? You know, except make them more kind and loving towards other people?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:58 pm 

Someone is seriously obsessed with gays and gay sex. It reminds me of a Jon Steward moment during the last presidential election. Stewart was talking about how obsessed Santorum was about gay sex. Steward wanted to know who is more obsessed with gay sex than Santorum. He decided that there's a gay guy who works in an adult video store in Los Angeles who thinks about gay sex more than Santorum does, but that's about it.

"Frozen" is not part of some mythical gay agenda. Interpreting it solely in the light of gay oppression is rather telling regarding this blogger. "Frozen" is a reasonably decent pro-woman, feminist movie. Or at least, it is far better at that than all of the preceding Disney animated movies. Of course, that's not really saying much. Of course in the patriarchal mindset, feminism is often conflated with gay issues, particularly lesbianism.

"Frozen" is really about sisters. Sisters who love each other. Who might have a troubled relationship but are willing to go to great lengths to protect and help each other. It is about not oppressing those who are different, shutting them away. It is about learning to get along together.

Reading that a specifically gay agenda is rather warped.

Close your eyes for your eyes will only tell the truth and the truth isn't what you want to see. In the dark it is easy to pretend, that the truth is what it ought to be . . . (Eric, The Phantom of The Opera, Charles Hart)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 9:23 pm 

All I can say is that if "Frozen" is a subversive effort to brainwash everyone into accepting LGBTs and same sex attraction, I'm buying every one of my family members a copy. And I'm going to play it for my grandchildren every time they come to visit until they are in their fourth decade. And I may rent a loud speaker and drive around town playing "Let It Go" over and over and over!

River

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:12 pm 

Wow. Not sure what to say to that. I left this comment (it is awaiting approval, which I'm sure it won't get)...

Quote:
"I'm glad that you, and your religion, support those wonderful traditional marriage values such as polygamy and polyandry. How you can justify and laud a 37 yr. old man, who manipulates a 14 yr. old girl (among others) into spiritually "marrying" him so he have sex with her, is beyond me.

Honestly, you're a whack job and you need professional help. Set down the pitcher, back away from the Kool-Aid, and turn off Glenn Beck."

Never sacrifice who you are because someone else has a problem with it.

People don't have a faith problem, the church has a truth problem, and all the "StayLDS" in the world isn't going to change that.